WALK ME

It is been quite a long time I did not write a post. Long and very intense. Just after the festival  I started anew job.This plus teaching yoga took all my time and energy, but it did not stop me to plan a little holiday with my lovely boyfriend. This time we planned to walk together a piece of Camino de Santiago in North Spain. Matty was already walking it from 3 weeks and made over 650 km (!) and I supposed to join him in the last bit of 100 km. The plan was perfect. But the reality as always, a bit more complicated. My flight was declined and everything became helter-scelter. But nothing would stopped me to fly and meet Matty on the end of his walk. I was accompanying him for those 3 weeks, listening to his thoughts, cheering him up when was needed and sharing the moments of joy and love for the nature, people and Camino itself. So I HAD TO got there. After changing flights, very weird visit in Porto, extra long bus trip I got to Santiago de Compostella and started to walk the "wrong direction", meeting all the people who after long hors, days or weeks of walking were heading the cathedral. Was very funny to do that actually:) I was walking for about an hour, I left the city center, I passed the outskirts and started to walking up the hill when I saw Matty. OMG it was such a delightful moment. Thanks for that st. James! So finally I walked 5 km one way and 5 km back to Santiago. Haha, so ridiculous compare to all those people who walk hundreds of kilometers...but I guess everyone has its own camino...;)




The Camino de Santiago (the Way of St. James) is a large network of ancient pilgrim routes stretching across Europe and coming together at the tomb of St. James (Santiago in Spanish) in Santiago de Compostela in north-west Spain. Yearly, hundreds of thousands of people of various backgrounds walk the Camino de Santiago either on their own or in organized groups.This Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route starts in St Jean Pied de Port on the French side of the Pyrenees and finishes about 780km later in Santiago.It will take most people about a month to walk and about two weeks to cycle.The history of the Camino de Santiago goes back at the beginning of the 9th century (year 814) moment of the discovery of the tomb of the evangelical apostle of the Iberian Peninsula. Since this discovery, Santiago de Compostela becomes a peregrination point of the entire European continent.The Way was defined then by the net of Roman routes that joined the neuralgic points of the Peninsula. The impressive human flow that from very soon went towards Galicia made quickly appear lots of hospitals, churches, monasteries, abbeys and towns around the route. During the 14th century the pilgrimage began to decay, fact brought by the wars, the epidemics and the natural catastrophes.The recovery of the route begins at the end of the 19th century, but it is during the last quarter of the 20th century when the authentic contemporary resurge of the peregrination takes place. There is no doubt that the social, tourist, cultural or sport components have had a great importance in the “jacobea” revitalization but we cannot forget that the route has gained its prestige thanks to its spiritual value.


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

CHAKRA YOGA PROGRAM

RELAXXX

ETNO PALTO